For my cooking website click on the link below or go to :

www.rosiejenkins.co.uk


..

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Old fashioned junket...

One of my most favourite things in the world is a pastoral scene of old fashioned dairying. So happy was I to go and see a friend with a milking jersey house cow. With such utterley perfect milk I wanted to find a recipe that would make the very most of it, without any unnecessary additions or playing with it much at all. Out came Mrs Beeton. Junket! Devonshire Junket, in fact. Although mine is Worcestershire Junket. Out came a bottle of rennet and a jelly mould. I loved that the recipe called for 'new milk' because that's exactly what I had. It was still warm. I left out the brandy and the cinnamon but used a little sugar. What comes out is a wobble of silky white, dairy white unctuousness. Delicate and pure. Ambrosia, you could say...